(June 2018-Aug. 2018)
- Worked independently as only full-time reporter for local weekly newspaper on Washington Island, Wisconsin.
- Wrote more than 30 articles, made seven infographics and shot photos for more than 25 events in eight weeks.
Washington Island Observer
(March 2018–May 2018)
- Reported on deadline, covering the Missouri General Assembly from the State Capitol.
(Jan. 2018–March 2018)
Edited Newsy-style videos on deadline using Final Cut X and Motion.
(Aug. 2017–Dec. 2017)
- Reported and edited team multimedia projects on a weekly deadline, working in small groups to create a 2-3 minute main video or audio piece, social video, photo essay, infographic and 600-word text piece.
- Pitched and reported four day-turn audio stories for KBIA, a NPR-affiliated public radio station.
(May. 2017–Aug. 2017)
- Created graphics and social posts for the magazines' Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram profiles.
- Managed daily social posts on Mother Earth News Facebook (more than 2.5 million page likes) and Twitter (more than 63,000 followers) profiles for two weeks.
- Compiled reader letters, social posts and photos for both magazines, editing for length and clarity.
- Worked as primary editor on more than 10 stories for fall and winter issues of both magazines.
(April 2016–May 2018)
- Taught one-credit hour Freshman Interest Group (FIG) class for 18 students interested in social justice issues, prepared and presented original lesson plans, and assigned and graded written assignments.
- Collaborated with seven other student staff members to design and implement educational and community-building programming for about 350 residents.
MU Department of
(June 2016–July 2016)
- Photographed and documented daily camp activities by writing, designing, editing and printing an 8-page newsletter each week for five weeks of camp sessions
- Planned and led hour-and-a-half long programs each weekday for 25 to 35 campers with special needs.
Camp Tuolumne Trails
Photographer, Program Staff
(Jan. 2016–Dec. 2016)
- Oversaw multimedia department that was responsible for long reads and interactive online coverage, managed team of four reporters that collaborated with other student media to produce in-depth projects.
- Managed section of five to 10 beat writers, assigned stories, edited stories for grammar, structure and content.
Campus Projects Editor, Campus Life Editor, Beat Writer/Copy Editor
University of Missouri-Columbia
Bachelor of Journalism (Convergence Investigative)
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Expected Graduation Date: May 2019